GET firmware from router

Hi,

I have found my old 1stwave wireless router which is no longer in use. It is based on an ADM5106 CPU. I think it might be interesting to "play" around a little bit. Unfortunately, the original firmware is no longer available at the webpage. I have read that the firmware can be updated via tftp. Is it also possible to get/backup the current firmware from the router?

Many thanks in advance, Matthias Moeller

Reply to
Matthias Möller

Have you looked at

/Rune

Reply to
Rune Christensen

Yes, it is a very interesting website. But I only found information about uploading a firmware to the router (erasing the existing one).

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Möller

The NorthQ router that I did some reverse engineering on had a bootloader that could be reach by serial line and transfer the content of the flash to the computer.

/Rune

Reply to
Rune Christensen

OK, I have found out, that the router is an Abocom WR104. I also found some firmware and uploaded it. The routers seams to work well.

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Möller