ARM developer community a bunch of wankers

Verily I say unto thee that Hardon spake thusly:

I'm eager to understand a bit of graphics controller code, so I pulled down the driver for the mali graphics controller...

The ARM developer community is really a bunch of wankers:

limare.c: state->pp = pp_info_create(state, state->mem_address + 0x80000, state->mem_physical + 0x80000, 0x1000, state->mem_physical + 0x100000);

Supposing the meaningless 0x1000 was really 0x10000 So to go and fix an error in this code, the ARM developer aka super wankers will now grep for 0x1000.

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The root of the blame game goes back to ARM holdings again and again and their dumbness in not coming out earlier with the CMSIS libraries, and what they have out now has been written so poorly it deserves special criticism:

They wrote the CMSIS libraries with names for registers but without any names for flags within registers!!!

If they don't know how to write C libraries properly, then they should be shot, or at the very least, go with begging bowl and download some microchip code for their gcc based compiler running through the Netbean IDE and look at how they have named registers and flags with their data structure so that registers can be programmed without using references to hard coded numbers in the C code.

Reply to
7

You're insane.

EyAw more like.

I get it. You're pretending to be "one of the many eyes" aren't you? LOL you're clueless.

So lets get this straight, they provide and OSS driver and you want them shot? Despite showing ZERO understanding.

"registers can be programmed using references to hard coded nuimbers in the C code" : that is so unparsable and indicative of your wannabe bleating its no surprise to me that even Kohlmann thinks you're a clueless wanker. Get back to Gambas.

Reply to
Hadro

Meet Hadron - Burson-Marsteler employee that knows nothing about C coding.

Reply to
7

I've programmged more C than you've told lies here little fraud.

No one is impressed by your mfrd nonsense above about you being so 1337 : grepping for 0x1000 indeed - yup a real problem that. Streuth. Seriously, are you retarded or what?

If thats the best you can offer then you have a long way to go little fraud. And to think you claimed to have invented nanobots that could morph into a solar powered space glider.

You're a liar, a fraud and a clueless wanker. Get over yourself and keep your nonsense out of real programming groups.

Reply to
Hadro

Except that in this case you are even more clueless than "7"

He is exactly right on the mark that programming flags with direct hex numbers is not so clever, since you can easily make an error no compiler will catch and which is at the same time difficult to see.

It is a lot smarter to simply define a name which actually has a meaning for every value. It also makes the code more readable

But then, you are just a pretender, thinking that some dimwit might actually buy your "coding prowess". You are stupid and totally clueless, and even so extremely dumb that you attack people even when they are right (for a change)

Reply to
Peter Köhlmann

Hilarious, This coming from the worst liar after Snit Michael Glasser

Come on, "C programmer Hadron Snit Larry", tell us how dereferencing Null- pointers is "illegal"

If you had ever written a working C program larger than "hello world", you would know that your claim is utter bullshit

Your C coding is about as real as your "Debian linux". You haven't neither

Reply to
Peter Köhlmann

Ok, I see your point on the flags issue. It has always been a recommended practice to park constants like these into a constant identifier. At least the code would be a bit easier to understand... plus you only have one place for the constant identifier to be initialized, rather than going to every place in the code in case there was a typo.

Reply to
OldGoat

You slipped on your own crap Burson-Marsteler employee Hadron!

Claiming you can code in C assumes you have a brain Burson-Marsteller employee and professional 24/7 troll trolling in comp.os.linux.advocacy.

Since you don't have a brain, I assume you joined Burson-Marstelar.

Burson-Marstelar employees have no brains so lets not kid usenet readers with it.

Reply to
7

Of course it is, but on fixed HW like this the little fraud is making a mountain out of a molehill. 7 "raises issues" rather than actually battling issues and contributing himself.

the

Erm, yes, programming 101 and what makes it all the more laughable that thats what the little fraud is showing off about. Even Creepy would have noticed it.

Reply to
Hadro

I've noticed the mountain. Frankly, I don't understand the fuss.

the

And I noticed not one word from him either.

Reply to
OldGoat

Then you should fit right in 7 = Joseph Michael.

Reply to
Foster

Meet Foster - Burson-Marsteler employee that knows nothing about C coding.

HTH.

Can anything else go wrong for this Burson-Marsteler employee after this timely revelation I wonder?

Reply to
7

Isnt he a nasty little Freetard. Gets some free source and instaed of improving it, and risking making an arse of himself, he criticises it and calls them "wankers". And there is the little fraud ONLY listing WIndows skillz on his CV : no mention of his real time Gambas "world wide real time transaction monitor" there! LOL! Gambas!

Reply to
Hadro

and professional 24/7 troll trolling in comp.os.linux.advocacy.

(yes, I know, don't feed the trolls, but what else is there in comp.os.linux.embedded[1]?)

-Scott

[1] ...and I'm pretty sure there's never been anything but in the advocacy group. :-)
Reply to
Scott Wood