Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, a bunch of wankers

I was interested to hear this week on BBC world program "click" from this week, that they gave out a warning on Wikipedia.com as "readers beware"

It appears to be that Microsoft found a lot of errors at the web site and offered to fix them up free (free, how interesting) anyway Microsoft were turned down,

I must say I had a dose of Wikipedia ignorance, it appears a few people I know and I have had four different examples over recent years, people do not know about gamma correction when their picture come out dark on their electronic camera, one person I knew just increased the brightness of the picture and then adjusted the colors until the picture look about right, when all he had to do would be to adjust the gamma correction by 2.

Reply to
Frank

Microsoft wanted to PAY people to update what THEY think is wrong information. Wikipedia has blocked companies and users who have been PAID to write up articles. The idea of Wikipedia is open, free, information.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Similar to the White House hiring an oil company lobbyist to rewrite or censor all the scientific papers on global warming.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

surprise surprise.... thing is, how would wikipedia know whether any particular individual contributor was in the pay of microsoft? (outright MS propaganda contributions aside!)

Wikipedia has blocked companies and users who have been

'Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.' --F.V..Zappa