Re: eer

Electronic electricity repository is an utterly unworkable, crackpot energy "concept" that apprently aims to entertain the readers of this group by being posted over and over and over again, despite it having been completely discredited ten ways to Christmas a long, long time ago. It has absolutely no validity at all, and is about as likely to be used for "storing electrical energy from any source" as, say, an elephant is of flying to the Moon on Cavorite wings. EER is supposedly intended to accommodate such things as electric vehicles, home heating, etc., but since it's being proposed by someone who already admits that he knows nothing at all about this field, we really, really do have to assume that it's being presented here mostly as a weak attempt at humor. The funniest example of where "EER" would utterly fail to work is the EV - Frank's crazy notion of an electric car that would run on an "ever- accumulating" power source. That is to say, this nutcase - but fortunately, no one else who possesses two brain cells to rub together, thinks that any and all sources of electrical energy -- including "diffuse sources", whatever the hell THOSE are supposed to be -- could be collected, combined and stored in the form of capacitance. Never mind that Frank doesn't understand that energy isn't stored "in the form of capacitance" in the first place, or even the first thing about how capacitive storage actually works - this is HIS IDEA, by Gawd, and it just seems SO damned attractive (to him) that it simply MUST be right! But, wouldn't the capacitor plates be bigger than the vehicle? Well, yes they would, but that's just the first in a long, long line of both practical and theoretical objections to this absurd idea. Of course, Frank has some idea - how this idea was obtained is unclear, although we can't put recreational pharmaceuticals out of consideration at this point - that a way to increase the surface area of the plates

*within a small perimeter* could be fashioned. Never mind that this wouldn't have the slightest impact on the energy density capabilities of the capacitor in question, something that can easily be demonstrated by anyone who even barely passed freshman geometry - again, this idea is one which Frank is clearly in love with, and therefore it MUST be right. And apparently, there simply isn't room within Frank's brain for troublesome trivia like basic algebra, geometry, or physics. Some might suggest that Scanning Tunneling Microscope Technology might be used to find those locations within Frank's cerebrum where such things might still reside, or we could possible even employ nanotechnology to accomplish this (although this seems like a very cruel thing to do to a nanobot) -- but clearly, to locate his understanding of these topics, we'll have to use SOME methods that could identify items roughly halfway to the molecular level. Doing this -- identifying such massive ignorance within a small perimeter -- is the heart of any attempt to understand the source of "eer". Such a project is undoubtedly needing a commitment of funds roughly equal to that of the Human Genome Project, which admittedly is taken on faith - and success could be many years away.

I mean, just consider the level of absurdity we're up against here. Frank believes that "the object is to configure the plates and dielectric so they all fit like Jell-O in a mold, and to make these all small in perimeter -- while yielding enormous surface area" - as if, again, that is somehow going to increase the amount of energy one could store in a given volume. We would also have to somehow understand how a statement like "it is expected that about 15 sources of renewable energy (solar, wind, wave, etc.) would be able to contribute to the 'eer pool' of stored electrical energy" has anything at all to do with the problems, no, the impossibilities, in what is being discussed here. In time, though, an examination of how stupidity and ignorance can be stored in this way could effectively replace Saturday Night Live and Comedy Central combined as a source of much of the nation's entertainment.

NOTE: EER absolutely, in no way, breaks the Second Law! It doesn't have to, since there so many OTHER laws that it would have to break to get even halfway toward being a viable concept.

If you're as tired of seeing this nonsense as some have claimed, you may want to take it up with:

Frank Lincoln snipped-for-privacy@cs.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

...but don't expect the rest of us to join you in this. We're having too much fun laughing at this stuff!

By the way, In case you hadn't noticed, Frank is VERY weak with computers. And physics. And math. And just about any other subject you'd have to understand in order to actually make a contribution in the field of energy generation and storage.

But, as he says, "this is no more than a guess from a novice" and "there are some mistakes in here", showing that, if nothing else, he is truly a master of extreme understatement.

In one sentence, he is saying that, despite all evidence and arguments presented by those who actually DO understand these subjects, that a very, very advanced capacitor is possible, regardless of what those stupid ol' physics texts would have you believe.

But it's by no means an energy concept.

And no, there is no 21st Law of Thermodynamics. Once again, we already have more than sufficient laws to show what nonsense this whole EER thing is.

But there IS a 21st Century Law of Crackpot Behavior. Simply stated, it is, "No energy concept involving capacitance shall ever be considered as unworthy of posting over and over and over again, no matter how silly it is or how many times it has been utterly discredited."

Freud could not have seen this coming, but then in his day, there was not the multitude of diffuse (and obtuse) forms of crackpot thinking that we are forced to contend with today.

There is NO way around this Law. By that, I mean that there is apparently nothing we can do but continue to be subjected to Frank's endless postings, and take whatever meager enjoyment we can from them. There is simply no way to begin solving the "diffuse" (at best!) nature of his understanding of the subjects at hand before we would be able to put the energy behind his constant posting to work in any effective way. Say, basket weaving or bowling-ball polishing.

Just remeber that, in Frank's little world, and no matter what any of us say, this will remain "A goal......an idea......a prediction......." Crackpotism is easy, and there is no shortage of such here.

After all, we ARE talking about someone who seriously believes that, thanks SOLELY to his Marvelous Invention,

"We don't need oil. We don't need batteries. We don't need internal combustion engines. We don't need fusion. We don't need hybrids. We don't need hydrogen-powered cars. We don't need ethanol. We don't need natural gas. We don't need methane. We don't even need efficiency. We don't even need conservation."

I ask you - could one even hope for better evidence of the absurdity of this whole idea than THAT?

Reply to
Bob Myers

accumulate

intended to

Gee, Frank, what happened? We started, for a change, an actually SENSIBLE discussion of the physics of this, and I'd given you some pointers to the underlying math for you to comment on - and then you completely ignore it and a couple of weeks later post this drivel again. What's the matter? Just don't want to face or even discuss reality?

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

-------------- He's delusional, Bob, and you threatened his delusion and the deep- seated internal causes for him believing it! He went to the edge of sanity and RAN AWAY!

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!

Well, I guess some people just can't take the view when they get to the edge of that particular abyss...:-)

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

[...]

And apparently completely unwilling to engage in any reasoned discussion of capacitance and energy storage. As always.

The classic sign of an utterly closed mind is its inability to admit to the possibility that it is wrong.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Sorry, Frank, but it's pretty obvious where that "perceptive light" belongs.

You've been asked repeatedly to give some evidence and/or reasoned arguments as to why we should believe your EER proposals are workable. You've refused.

You've been repeatedly shown the analyses - what you refer to as "the math" - that, per conventional theory, tell exactly why your EER proposals should not work, and invited to point out the error in these. You've refused.

You've been asked for estimates as to the performance, size, weight, etc., of components built using this technology, based on whatever understanding you do have of it. Nothing.

In short, your behavior here has been nothing more than presenting an outlandish and purely qualitative description of what appears to be a ridiculous notion, and then placing your fingers firmly in your ears when anyone tries to engage you in a more detailed discussion of it. You seem to think that anyone who doesn't immediately fall all over themselves and accept your ideas solely on your say-so is "closed- minded," when in reality we would LOVE to have something that performs the way you say this will. Unfortunately, you've just never been able to give ANY reason - not ONE - as to just why we should believe any of this, and utterly refuse to acknowledge any questions about what are potentially fatal flaws in your notions.

So I think it is rather obvious who's really being "closed-minded" here.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Well, please do; it would be a welcome change from your typical behavior, which is to ignore any and all questions regarding your "EER" notions.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Sorry to bust up your ranting, but there's one big issue that you haven't addressed: Explosion. Gasoline, hydrogen, and hydrogen-bearing fuels don't explode because they can only release energy as fast as they can mix with air. The idea posted, which has already been invented as carbon aerogel capacitors, will kill everybody within 400 feet of a car accident.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

Drivel.

Maybe the Stones said it for you Frank?

... "And I went down to the demonstration to get my fair share of abuse"...

--
John Fields
Reply to

[...]

In which case, you're still as wrong as you ever were.

There are no "small charges" or "large charges" - charges come in one size only, and you get to pack as many of them away as the capacitor can handle at a given voltage. And please note that: charges are not stored "AS capacitance," they are stored "IN a capacitance." And so far, you've shown nothing particularly novel about YOUR notion of a capacitance. Not surprisingly, since you clearly don't have a clue about how capacitance works in the first place.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

And not even new drivel, at that.

You'd think Frank could at LEAST hire a writer to come up with something NEW to entertain us...

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Oh, there are MANY more big issues that Frank hasn't addressed than just this one...

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

It is apparent that only Frank really understands what eer is about. Although he uses the word capacitance he is really talking about a condenser, not a capacitor.

Multi-vaned variable condensers were widely used in the early days of 'wireless' but have subsequently been overlooked in the course of electronic developments. If developments as proposed by Frank were undertaken a modern 'condenser' would condense mega wide-band radiation from the ether (for subsequent storage in a nano-plate 'capacitor') as an almost inexhaustible, and portable, energy supply. Rather than ridiculing a man of such foresight, we should follow his lead along the path of such developments. Eer will obviously, ultimately, provide all the energy mankind would sensibly require, put and end to war, starvation, pestilence and disease, cure the common cold and produce the 1cent cigar.

Why, when you want to stop Windows, do you have to click on start?

Reply to
R.Lewis

Don't forget the antenna and rectifier!

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there."
        -Will Rogers
Reply to
John Miller

------------- Absolute nonsense, do NOT invest in this cretin!

-------------- Oh Frank, quit spoofing your addy again!!

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew or http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public
Reply to
R. Steve Walz

--- Because you have to START the process of deciding whether you want to stop, or restart, or whatever else is behind the start icon.

-- John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Why then is there only one monopolies commission?

Reply to
R.Lewis

"FEerguy9" wrote

[Stuff]

Does this guy ever shut up?

Martin

-- M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890 Manchester, U.K.

Fleetie