Need dc-to-dc step-up from 9.6v to 455~510vdc

=_NextPart_000_0008_01C34447.B3E65790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi.

I'm stupid. OK, I'm actually reasonably smart, but electronics boggles = my mind.

In layman's terms, can someone supply me with a schematic with well = marked & identified components/values to build as simple a dc-to-dc = step-up converter to take a 9vdc rechargeable battery pack and spit out =

455~510vdc?

I have an old off-camera strobe that needs a 510vdc battery (which costs = from $70-$100 and lasts about 6 months). I have an AC-to-DC step-up = converter (120vac to 455vdc) which drives the unit nicely.

So, please, please, please can one of you fine ladies and/or gentlemen = help me in this task?

I'd prefer and email response ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) so as not to = suck-up bandwidth with circuit diagrams.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help (and there can NEVER be too = many responses).

-James

Reply to
James Korolas

Hmm,

1) Obtain CCFL module (CPC do them)

2) Add series capacitor(s) sized to limit the voltage to less than what is required with the addition of a pair of series connected HV zeners across the output

Should work .

(Warning, DANGER, those CCFL modules are really vicious, if you bridge the output they will produce a fat, damaging arc at least 8mm long . Make sure to use a load on the output !)

-A

Reply to
Andre

Please bear in mind that unless you buy or build a rather hefty DC-DC converter, that the recycle time of the flash will be in the order of 10-15 seconds or more(depending on the current capability of the converter). In order to get very fast recycle times, the converter has to be able to supply a high current to get the flash capacitor charged up in a hurry.

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
Reply to
Tweetldee