DC-DC Step-Up circuit

I am trying to design a circuit that will take ~12v from my car's electrical system, and step it up to around 24v for a 12" powerbook. I need between 3 and 4 amps of current.

I'd like to be able to have the power supply have some sort of delayed shutdown (by a few seconds).

I barely know where to start.

Reply to
Ryan Faerman

In that case, you might consider an off-the-shelf solution such as:

iGo's main competition is from Targus:

-- their products also sometimes show up with the Kensington name on them.

iGo and Targus both have "solutions" that can take in either 12V DC or

120/240VAC (you just change power cords) -- this is quite convenient if you want to leave the existing power supply at home as a spare and just carry around one "brick."
Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Car inverter (12VDC-120VAC) 150W around $30-40...

Reply to
scada

Don't know if 80W is enough here but $12.63 sure looks like a bargain:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg