Xilinx Chipscope and EDK

I just used Xilinx Chipscope with EDK for the first time and it is great!

Just drap and drop chipscope_icon and chipscope_plb_iba in XPS and connect them together. Then recompile and you have a non-intrusive plb bus analyzer.

One problem I had was Chipscope didn't want to work with the evaluation version of ISE.

In the file chipscope_plb_iba_v1_01_a/data/chipscope_plb_iba_v2_1_0.tcl I had to change: exec xst -ifn $xst_scr_filename to: exec xst -ifn $xst_scr_filename 2> null so the warning about the evaluation version expiring doesn't cause the compile to fail.

I also had a problem with my Zone Alarm firewall because Chipscope sets up a client/server connection so it can be used remotely.

EDK 8.1.02, ISE 8.1.03, Chipscope 8.1.03

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Chipscope is great, but is it really non-intrusive? In my experience, not completely.

Just sayin.

Great tool! I used to pull debug signals out to test pins. Now that is EXTREMELY intrusive and things can fall apart quickly. But I was also a lot dumber back then. Now I am just sort of dumb.

Haven't tried the bus analysis cores.

Reply to
motty