virtex 4 : how can I know the clock region coverage?

  I know virtex-4 has 32 global clock lines and there is a requirement
that from any clock region, I can use up to 8 glock lines.

  Is there any visualized way so that I can see what is the coverage of
each clock region for a particular chip? Or some table kind of listing
each clock region covering which IO pins?

Thanks.

Re: virtex 4 : how can I know the clock region coverage?

look at the docs, for Spartan 3E the global clocks are explained pretty
nicely, with color pictures and charts

the clocks are not bound to (covering) IO pins, rather there are 8 BUFG muxs
that drive 8 lines that enter a single clock quadrant.
there are of course limitations of what clock sources can be routed to those
BUFGs

antti

Re: virtex 4 : how can I know the clock region coverage?

I was referring to pagr 49 in DS312.pdf s3e complete datasheet, i assume
similar figure should be in v4 ds as well

antti

Re: virtex 4 : how can I know the clock region coverage?
Hi
in the PACE tool you can select "Show Clock Regions". Or you look in
the FPGA editor and search the BUFR buffers ans select an output of
this.

florian

Site Timeline