The fastest interface between FPGA's

Hi,

I'm looking for the fastest interface/standard between two FPGAs. Have You got any suggestions?

Thnx for answers.

--
Best Regards,
Griva

Griva wrote: : Hi,

: I'm looking for the fastest interface/standard between two FPGAs. : Have You got any suggestions?

It depends on reuirements:

- Uni/Bidirectional

- Distance between chips

- Number of connections allowed ...

I think that nearly always it is best to get a bigger FPGA and put everything into one package.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Reqiurements:

- Uni/Bi - for me it doesn't matter, could be this and this

- Distance - about 3-5 cm

- Number - about 500 - 700 pins

The biggest FPGA is too small, I have to use 2 or 3 FPGAs and I want to have the fastest transfer between these chips.

Best Regards, Griva

Reply to
Griva

--

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Do you need 500-700 pins at 10 Gb/s ? How about 622 Mb/s ? Do you need speed (heavily pipelined design) or low latency (less tolerable to register delays)? There are many ways to skin your cat.

have

Reply to
John_H

I fully agree with Ray. When it comes to high bandwidth bidir communication, your only cost effective solution is serial io.

3 to 5 cm is not a big distance, but be aware at 2.5Gbps and above, PCB design is not very straight forward. Differences >From a cost standpoint, that is not always true. Also, if you have a
Reply to
Luc Braeckman