fastest capacitor

electrolytic capacitors arent fast enough what is the fastest capacitor around uF range ?

Reply to
anotherbrick

A speed rating? For capacitors?

Internal resistance, maybe?

Mike Harding

Reply to
Mike Harding

Ceramic caps OK for you? You can get them up to 10uF in 1206 size (10V).

--
Stef
Reply to

Does he mean when you drop them? ;)

Reply to
AVRFreak

Are you meaning ESR?

If so then try tantalum. Also read the data sheets, there are low ESR electrolytic also.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

I remember in the movie "Back to The Future" the mad scientist required a "flux capacitor" to make the time machine work correctly. Maybe a 1uF ceramic flux capacitor would work? Have you checked Digi-Key for these?

Reply to
Bob F.

Ceramic caps of around 1uF at low voltage are cheap and small these days.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I assume that you mean electrolytics have too much inductance at high frequencies. The usual solution is to parallel the electrolytic with something like a ceramic or metalized .1 uF capacitor to handle the high frequencies.

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan (Reply through newsgroups, not by direct e-mail, as automatic reply address is fake.)

Reply to
Robert Scott

Perhaps you mean series resonant frequency. You'll find ceramic chip caps are very good, and yes they are very economical at 1uF.

--
Mike Page BEng(Hons) MIEE           www.eclectic-web.co.uk
Reply to