Reading FPGA internal memory data

I have some IP output data written in an Altera FPGA memory inside the
FPGA.

I have two questions here

1) How can I read the FPGA memory data.Can I use USB blaster cable for
this?

2) Can I somehow dump the memory data into a file for comparison with
a golden result generated?

Re: Reading FPGA internal memory data

Yes, you can examine FPGA memory with the Quartus tools if you compile
that option into the design. CHeck the doco... I can't remember what they
call it...

Can't recall if Quartus will allow that, but I'd imagine it would!?!

Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au
Re: Reading FPGA internal memory data

OK, I had a quick peek...

"In System Memory Content Editor"

Yes, you can import/export memory data to/from a file.