Re: Using the 7 segment displays on Xilinx Spartan 3 kit

I really have not tried it yet, because I have not got my EDK6_3i eval CD
yet, but there is a file I believe I downloaded from Xilinx :
Spartan3_starter_PROM_source.zip

There is a SRAM_boot/src directory where there are some C files that access
the 7 segment display.

-Newman
.

Re: Using the 7 segment displays on Xilinx Spartan 3 kit
Hi,

You need to multiplex the data you want to display.
In your example you want to display "0012"
so you first swith on led that correspond to "0" and send to an3 "0" to
swith on the first digit and 1 to an2/1/0
after you switch off an3 on put on an2 and send "0"
then off an2 , on an1 and send "1"
and finally off an1 on an0 and send "2"

an other thing to take care is the frequency you refresh the digit segment
it should not be to fast , I don't know precisely the freq but i think than
10KHz should be ok if you don't do that all digit will be light on.

You can take example on this countdown that i have made and tested on the
digilent board spartan3

http://kclo4.free.fr/FPGA/countdown.zip

In top horloge.vhd you should find all what you need to display  0 to 9, A,
B, C, D, E, F number on a 7 segment
and if you only want to display "0012" juste drive:

 dizaine_minute  <= "0000";--display 0
unite_minute <= "0000"; --display 0
dizaine_seconde <= "0001"; --display 1
unite_seconde <= "0010"; --display 2

 and of course comment the other instantation of dizaine_minute....

Regards

Alexis

yxWPd.70356$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Re: Using the 7 segment displays on Xilinx Spartan 3 kit
PS: the design is for a 50 MHz clock

421086c4$0$810$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr...