Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
February 14, 2005, 5:19 am
rate this thread
Re: Using the 7 segment displays on Xilinx Spartan 3 kit
You need to multiplex the data you want to display.
In your example you want to display "0012"
so you first swith on led that correspond to "0" and send to an3 "0" to
swith on the first digit and 1 to an2/1/0
after you switch off an3 on put on an2 and send "0"
then off an2 , on an1 and send "1"
and finally off an1 on an0 and send "2"
an other thing to take care is the frequency you refresh the digit segment
it should not be to fast , I don't know precisely the freq but i think than
10KHz should be ok if you don't do that all digit will be light on.
You can take example on this countdown that i have made and tested on the
digilent board spartan3
In top horloge.vhd you should find all what you need to display 0 to 9, A,
B, C, D, E, F number on a 7 segment
and if you only want to display "0012" juste drive:
dizaine_minute <= "0000";--display 0
unite_minute <= "0000"; --display 0
dizaine_seconde <= "0001"; --display 1
unite_seconde <= "0010"; --display 2
and of course comment the other instantation of dizaine_minute....
- » Xilinx Spartan 3 kit - displaying unique numbers
- — Next thread in » Field-Programmable Gate Arrays
- » Using the 7 segment displays on Xilinx Spartan 3 kit
- — Previous thread in » Field-Programmable Gate Arrays
- » How to generate bits info for a record structure?
- — Newest thread in » Field-Programmable Gate Arrays
- » Controlling the time of anacron's cron.daily in raspbian buster?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Raspberry Pi Group
- » a .desktop shortcut containing multiple actions. How to select one ?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Raspberry Pi Group