Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool

Hi Guys,

I am new to Xilinx tools. I am facing some problem while creating the
"Base system Builder project" for ML403 Rev B board.

The steps as follows:
1. I have downloaded the "ml403_emb_ref_ppc_81.zip" from Xilinx
website.
2. I have used the tools EDK10.SP2 and ISE10.1SP4.

Problem:
When I am creating the base system builder project.  I am able to see
the UART_LITE, XPS_UARTLITE, ETHERNETLITE, XPS_ETHERNETLITE

How can I get the actual devices like OPB_ETHERNET,
PLB_ETHERNET..different options like NO DMA, Scattered DMA..etc

Please Help me on this.

--
Naresh Bhat

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool

Did I get you right? You are now using the Base System Builder Wizzard
though You downloaded a complete and concrete design (the ref-design)?

Just uncompress ml403_emb_ref_ppc_81.zip into a folder and open the
project as a "recent project".

Lorenz

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool
Hi Lorenz

Thanks for the HELP in advance

My problem is explained here...

While creating the new XPS project using Base system Builder:

Step 1.

New Project->Base System builder Project-> Create a new XPS project
using Base system Builder->Browse system.xps project from
"ml403_emb_ref_ppc_81" directory and overwrite it.

Step 2.

I am selecting "I would like to create the new design"

and then

Board Vendor "Xilinx"

Board name "ML403"

Board version "1"

Step 3:

I just click "Next"

Step 4:

I am selecting the Processor Cloclk Frequency as "300Mhz"

Step 5: Configuring the IO interfaces

Here is my problem.

In RS232 UART I am having the only 2 option

1. XPS_UARTLITE

2. XPS_UART16550

If I use the same base system builder (ml403_emb_ref_ppc_81) with
other version of the EDK tools (like 8.1iSP2, 9.2iSP2). and repeat the
same steps I am able to see the options like

1. OPB_UARTLITE

2. OPB_UART16550

3. PLB_UART16550

Do you have any idea on this Why it is not getting displayed on the
EDK10.1iSP2 version?

I have the complete License to use this tool. I think it might not be
license problem right?

Thanks
Naresh Bhat

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool
So you do want to create a completely new design?

Which has components (like opb_ethernet) used in the old design?

Ok, best thing to to this is open the old design and adopt it to create
a new design. The wizzard for new designs lacks some "old" ipcores as
Xilinx' opinion on what's good and what's bad has shifted since.

Another solution might be to use an older version (8.1 or 8.2) of the
Xilinx tools to create Your design. And then open that design with the
newer tools.

Regards,

Lorenz

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool
Hi,

If I use the same base system builder (ml403_emb_ref_ppc_81) with
other version of the EDK tools (like 8.1iSP2, 9.2iSP2). and repeat the
same steps I am able to see the options like

1. OPB_UARTLITE
2. OPB_UART16550
3. PLB_UART16550

But in the design it is showing the "$" symbol (Is it means My license
is not correct?). I have tried all the Xilinx tools on the Linux
platform (FC9). I have never tried it on the Windows platform.

Cheers!!!
Naresh Bhat

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool

Though Xilinx might kill me for this: how about taking a trip back in
time (the date command (man date) might help you ...).

Nevertheless You should also try my proposed answer in the other subthread.

Lorenz

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool
Hi,

Finally it is get solved. It was license issue...-:)

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool
Hi Lorenz,

I tried to open "project as a recent project". But it is throwing the
message saying that this BSB is build using the older version of EDK
and it is asking for some check list I said for all just "next". But
the xilinx tool through lots of the error messages. Thats it....:(

Regards
Naresh Bhat

Re: Problem creating the ML403 project using Xilinx tool

Ah, maybe the good old bug since EDK7.1

Now with the changes done close the project, close EDK, reopen EDK and
reopen the project. ;-)

Lorenz

Site Timeline