Power supply design

Hello,

I would like to build a prototype power supply for my project, and since I don't have real data about its power consumption, I need some estimations. Could you please tell me (basing on your experience and previous designs) how much current does a Cyclone 1C6 running at 180 MHz need? I know that this heavily depends on the design, but I just need an overestimated approximation. Remaining parameters: V_core = 1.5V, V_io = 3.3V, with only LVCMOS devices connected to the IO pins (i.e. no LEDs etc.). I am particularly interested in the design of V_core section, beause the 3.3V part will have a high-performance SMPS capable up to ~12A, but I don't know whether there should be a SMPS for

1.5V (I_core > say 1A) or just a linear regulator (I_core
Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Piotr Wyderski schrieb:

you can download an excel spreadsheet to estimate the powerconsumption (PowerPlay Early Power Estimators)

at

there are also some reference design in this section at

Thomas Fischer