Power Supply Design

Dear all, I have the following problem:

I have to design a power supply voltage (about stable 50-100ma) that provides a "linear" change from 3 to 4 volts when the external temperature move from 20 to 45 degrees. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks Eugenio

Reply to
Eugenio

Use an LM35 temp sensor and an opamp with gain of 4 to give you a 1V change for a 25degC change in temperature. Then simply offset by the appropriate amount (at the input or output side) to give 3-4V output which drives an output buffer.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Just for the heck of it, what is your professor's name?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

heh heh

You have a wicked sense of humour. I am impressed.

I have noticed a significant upswing in 'shrouded' (yeah right) student questions lately.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS