Modelsim on a remote display

Hallo, I'm using modelsim se into a windows xp pc.

There is a way to use it into another windows xp pc with remote desktop?

Marco

Reply to
Marco

vnc (lots of versions - I use UltraVNC -

unfrostedpoptart

It works, but in this way none can open a session into pc with vnc server. The pc with vnc server should not be locked for the only vnc client. Local sessions should be possible.

Another way?

Many Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco

Windows remote desktop ? I think that's included in WXP Pro no ?

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

I have tried it, but there some troubles with license.

When I try to open modelsim into the remote desktop, I receive an error message about license.

Reply to
Marco

You can have local sessions with RealVNC. In fact you can have the local user and remote user battle for control of the mouse if you really want.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

I have tried but in this way local and remote users have the same session. I need they have different sessions, not the same.

I need to use modelsim with a remote desktop, when someone is using the remote computer.

With XP SP2 is possible applying a patch found on the web. But in this way Modelsim doesn't accept license and closes itself.

Reply to
Marco

Either the other user has the license tied up or you need a new license file tied to the other computer.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler