Impact error

When programming an XC18V04 I get a red "Programming Failed" indicator at the end of the process. The device is connected to an XC2V1000 in SelectMAP mode. I tried disabling "FPGA Load" but nothing changed. I should mention that the boards come-up just fine, in other words, it seems that the programming of the PROM is successful every single time, despite the message.

The log file doesn't have any useful information. Can anyone suggest where I might look to figure this out?

Thanks,

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

To send private email:
0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net
where
"0_0_0_0_"  =  "martineu"
Reply to
Martin Euredjian

Is your JTAG chain including both SPROM and FPGA, or just your SPROM?

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------ Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your customers drift off to free webmail services install your own web gateway!

-- See

----

Reply to
Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

at

SelectMAP

mention

where

Reply to
Martin Euredjian

You might have a problem in your jtag chain. If your tdo does not propagate through the XC2V1000 or to the final tdo pin (connected to your programmer), your sprom could be programmed but the output check fails.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

at

SelectMAP

mention

where

I can program the FPGA (in the same chain) without any problems whatsoever.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

To send private email:
0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net
where
"0_0_0_0_"  =  "martineu"
Reply to
Martin Euredjian

That would rule out the mentioned potential problem.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

JP On a sunny day (08 Sep 2003 22:26:38 +0200) it happened Petter Gustad wrote in :

You have to learn

and to read all lines at the same time.

to think in parallel,

Reply to