Impact error

When programming an XC18V04 I get a red "Programming Failed" indicator at
the end of the process.  The device is connected to an XC2V1000 in SelectMAP
mode.  I tried disabling "FPGA Load" but nothing changed.  I should mention
that the boards come-up just fine, in other words, it seems that the
programming of the PROM is successful every single time, despite the
message.

The log file doesn't have any useful information.  Can anyone suggest where
I might look to figure this out?

Thanks,

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

Re: Impact error
Is your JTAG chain including both SPROM and FPGA, or just your SPROM?

Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
--  See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----

Re: Impact error
Both.

at
SelectMAP
mention
where

Re: Impact error

You might have a problem in your jtag chain. If your tdo does not
propagate through the XC2V1000 or to the final tdo pin (connected to
your programmer), your sprom could be programmed but the output check
fails.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

at
SelectMAP
mention
where

I can program the FPGA (in the same chain) without any problems whatsoever.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

Re: Impact error

[snip]

That would rule out the mentioned potential problem.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Re: Impact error
JP
On a sunny day (08 Sep 2003 22:26:38 +0200) it happened Petter Gustad

You have to learn
and to read all lines  at the same time.

to think in parallel,

Site Timeline