H8S Programming ROM Device error

Hello All,

I am programming on a Renesas RSK2329 evaluation board, using their HEW 2.2 development environment. This board uses the H8S/2329 microcontroller.

I recently ran into a problem which I can't figure out. When I download the debug *.abs file to the chip, I get the error:

"Action has encountered errors"

Very descriptive huh! In the flash output pane, I see that the system erred out after trying to get the line size from the processor, i.e:

Sending inquiry for getting line size 'COM1' read time out

I know the COM communications is working correctly since I can download the object file to the chip. So far I've tried everything I can think of, including reloading the HEW package, and trying the sequence with their demonstration software (same results).

Does anyone out there have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Reply to
David Gutow

Dave, Too many coffee breaks since I had this problem and I'm on another chip now but go to

for additional H8 help.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Asbury