How to Figure out EPLD can be socketed or not!

Helo Guys,

I am sort of new to it. I need to buy some EPLD which can be socketed so that I can remove and put another one it it. The problem I am having is, looking solely by the device package name (PLCC, TQFP) I cant tell its socketed or not. How do I know which one is socketed simply by looking at the device name. Say, EPM3032ALC44-4 and EPM3032ATC44-4.

Please let me know, Drew

Reply to
Drew

The various packages are described in a document on the Altera web site. They don't put these details in the data sheet, for some reason.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

These days you can buy a socket for most anything, but I think PLCC is what you want if you really need a socket. Why not to use in-circuit programming?

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM