Efinix and their Trion FPGAs

They are relatively new:

Their Trion program has few notable peculiarities:

- unified roruting/LUT tiles. One tile can be used for both roles.

- 5 bit BLOCK RAM instaed of traditional 9-bit

They claim that this and process innovation (only 7 metalic layers) etc that ahould bringg 4x lower prices.

But at least from theri initial offering, as much as it can

Reply to
Brane2

One more question:

At least on the first glance, I've got the impression that Trion is not as fast as ECP5. Is this about right ? If so, why do you think this is - power optimisation or perhaps consequence of unified routing/LUT/MEM approach ?

Reply to
Brane2

What are you looking at regarding the speed? It is hard to find comparable speed data for FPGAs. I expect you would need to P&R a test design to get any meaningful data.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C