does anyone have a c compiler for the picoblaze

does anyone have a c compiler for the picoblaze?

Re: does anyone have a c compiler for the picoblaze
Isnt that GNU?

Re: does anyone have a c compiler for the picoblaze
The problem with a C compiler for a picoblaze is its too small to be
seriously useful.  The overhead in a complier is too large for such a tiny
processor.
I would stick with well documented assembler.

Simon

Re: does anyone have a c compiler for the picoblaze

There are c compilers for PIC/Microchip and AVR/Atmel.
I think there is a gnu toolchain as well as one from
the manufacturers.

Sometimes you need assembler, say to make something fit
or so you can count cycles to get timings exactly right.

Other times, you have plenty of CPU cycles and enough memory
for the code.  Why not use c?  You don't suddenly get to use
printf.  You just write the same sort of code you were writing
in assembler in c.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  So are all my
other mailboxes.  Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

See:

http://toolbox.xilinx.com/cgi-bin/forum?14@@/Embedded%20Processors/PicoBlaze%20Soft%20Processor

In the Xilinx Forums under embeded processors.  There is a beta
version offered in one of the threads.  I haven't tried it.

Site Timeline