8051 C Compiler

Which is the best C compiler for 8051 (Analog Devices Aduc831/841 in
particular)?
Does anyone have experience with Accutron tools?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 8051 C Compiler

What are you talking about?

Best price.
Best code density.
Best speed optimisation.
Best support.
Best debug tools.
Most aesthetically appealing packaging.
etc.
etc.

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org
for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430
Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *

Re: 8051 C Compiler
Excuse me.

I'm looking for a compiler that generates best code in terms of speed
optimisation.
This compiler must have debugging tools too, for Analog Device ADUC
microcontrollers.

Thanks in advance
seba

Re: 8051 C Compiler

How can someone reply to a properly bottom posted article with
top-posting?  It seems to me that this takes amazing gall and
rudeness.

--
Chuck F ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) ( snipped-for-privacy@maineline.net)
Re: 8051 C Compiler

Thank You Mother CBFalconer.

Re: 8051 C Compiler
Falconer.. ease up on the etiquette.. you do it in every friggin post. (top
posted for your convenience)

Re: 8051 C Compiler

Plonk! (for top posting).

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: 8051 C Compiler
Op Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:58:34 +0200 schreef Frank Bemelman

Plonk! (for being an etiquette nazi).

http://www.opera.com/mail /

Re: 8051 C Compiler

And Plonk! for having a problem with that.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: 8051 C Compiler

Public plonking:  The usenet equivalent of a child putting his
fingers in his ears, stamping his feet, humming and yelling,
"I can't hear you".

Re: 8051 C Compiler

I have a low treshold, my kill file is very large. From time
to time we see people complaining about top posting, and
quite frankly I don't understand why they bother to explain
why. Top posters are all idiots and belong in a kill file.
There is absolutely nothing to be learned from top posters, they
have already shown their stupidity by top posting. So, in
the kill file they go. If my reader had an option to do that
automatically, I would turn it on.

The only case where top posting is unavoidable and allowed,
is when someone *starts* a thread. That is bad enough as
it is ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: 8051 C Compiler
... snip ...

That is not necessarily so.  Many top-posters do it because a) They
have seen others doing it; b) They are influenced by evil
newsreaders, such as Outhouse Excess, which encourage it; c) They
are uninformed newbies.

Simply plonking them without advising them of the fact does nothing
to correct them.  In many cases they simply will not learn, but
enough come around and learn the basics of netiquette to make
training attempts worthwhile.  IMNSHO, at least.  It is analagous
to teaching children table manners.

However there is at least one thing to be said for your technique:
it certainly reduces the apparent traffic on the newsgroup. :-)

--
 Some informative links:
Re: 8051 C Compiler

You're way too kind. A), B) and C) are all proof of stupidity.

It's a method of traffic management/reducement too, I admit. There's
still enough material left to enjoy.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: 8051 C Compiler

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

Re: 8051 C Compiler

Was it ever that?

hm

Well, you'll be blocking out a source of wisdom, then
No-one can stop you from that.
Stay dumb if you prefer, it's your freedom.

Re: 8051 C Compiler

Well, that's a real clever statement. Whooo.
....Please let this Chuck stop man. Hire him so he has something useful to
do.

Re: 8051 C Compiler

C and 8051 are a very poor marriage especially it terms of speed.
Unless you have some overwheming reason to use both together find
another option.

Re: 8051 C Compiler

I'm just looking for a list of C compilers compatible with Aduc8xx
microcontrollers; I think I will use Keil compiler but, before starting
development, I liked to know if there are good substitutes, other than
Keil...

seba

Re: 8051 C Compiler
very low priced, but fast and including TCP/IP stack:
http://www.wickenhaeuser.de /

Franz

Re: 8051 C Compiler

Keil is about to die.
But how about the first ever 8051 C-compiler?

http://www.iar.com/ew8051

http://www.opera.com/mail /

Site Timeline