chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

I have been trying chipscope from within XPS 9.1.03i on a ML403. I can
connect up the ILA sucessfully and can capture and display signals. I
can also instantiate and build and run the PLB IBA core. But when I run
chipscope analyzer, it just displays DataPort[0]...DataPort[N]. Can
someone clue me in on how to get lables like "address bus", "data bus"
and various control signal names displayed when using the PLB IBA?

thanks,
-Jeff

Re: chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

Jeff,

I know if you have used the chip scope core inserter you can import
the project file (*.cdc) into chipscope analyser and the signal names
will be imported into the analyser. I have not used the chip scope
core generator in a long time but I beleive there is a similar option
to "generate bus / signal name example File (*.cdc) " which you can
modify to include the signal names as connected and then import it in
the a similar way.

Hope this helps

Adam

Re: chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

Thanks for replying Adam. I use chipscope directly within XPS, i.e. I
just add the PLB IBA and ICON the design like any other IP core. I set
the chipscope parameters, wire up blocks, then build it and download the
bitstream all within XPS. Then I start the chipscope analyzer from
outside of XPS and it finds the core and seems to work, except for no
meaningful waveform names. I tried running the standalone versions of
chipscope generator and inserter, but it's not clear how to get that
into my xps framework. Since they supply the chipscope IP cores within
XPS there must be a way to use them in that context?

-Jeff

Re: chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

Even when you use XPS, it generates a CDC file that you should import
from within analyzer. This cdc file will be in:

$(PRJ)/implementation/chipscope_plb_iba.../*.cdc

-Siva

Re: chipscope PLB IBA - how to get meaningful labels on signals?

His answer still applies.  File | Import, find your cdc file, select
the right ILA (beware the ila selection is reset after you select the
file), hit ok.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD