wireless lan components

I would like to make an embedded wireless lan. But I cannot find the
necessary components. Who can introduce me some components which can be
bought?

Thanks!

Re: wireless lan components

www.lantronix.com : Wiport
www.digi.com : Digi-WiMe

Meindert

Re: wireless lan components

Unless you have a fairly expensive setup of test equipment and enough
experience with RF design, the most viable option for adding wireless
lan to an embedded system is to use one of the many modules available.
There are quite a few ARM based modules available at fairly reasonable
prices.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: wireless lan components

Unless you're buying for a decent-sized company, forget about getting
components for WLAN.  WLAN is a dedicated transmitter, and as such
covered by so much regulation that effectively the only equipment
allowed to be sold to individuals is basically a complete WLAN
adapter, complete with drivers.  The only choices you really get are
the WLAN standard it supports, whether that adapter connects to
PCMCIA, PCI or compact PCI, and whether it has a built-in antenna, a
plug for an external one -- or both.