Some basic questions about bluetooth communication

Hi all:

I am a newbie about Bluetooth development, I am debugging a board which contains bluetooth chip(LMX9838), and have some questions about the principle, I will be very appreciate if anyone can answer all or part of my questions.

1 The is a mode called "transparent master/slave", my understanding about this mode is, if I have two bluetooth module, and make them both work in this mode, they can exchange data with each other directly without the need of command formation interpret.

However, most mobile devices as well as desktops don't have this mode, at lease I don't know how to open it.

2 In my case, the bluetooth module on board is used to communicate with mobile device, not with another module on board. I just found "file transfer" function on the device, does it mean that I can only communicate with mobile device in the form of "file" rather than raw message sending or something?

3 If so, what kind of service should I use? LMX9838 supports Generic Access profile (GAP), Service Discovery Profile (SDAP) and Serial Port Profile (SPP). Now spp link has been set up on the module on board, but I have no idea what should be the next step? More specifically, which step is required if I want to send file from the module to mobile device?

4 The last question is a chip specific question. When I send inquiry in order to get the name of remote device, I always can only get part of the name, even though the returned "length" value is right. Which means, I know the name will be 10 character length, but I can only get 5 character from the serial port, then the serial port is just keeping reading and never return the complete name of remote device. I can do some trick to avoid the endless waiting, like assigning the loop times manually to 3 times or something like this. But I am really curious about the reason.

Again, I will be very appreciate if anyone can answer all or part of my questions. Thanks for all the guys who is patient enough to achieve here.

By Armstrong.

Reply to
lk_517