Question about SAK-c167CS-LM

Hi

I have bought Keil's MCB167-NET Evaluation Board. The board uses
SAK-C167CS-LM as microprocessor. To gain more knowledge about the
microprocessor I have searched for documents about it on google. I have
found documents about SAK-C167CS-LM AB-step and SAK-C167CS-LM BA-step etc.

What does BA-step and AB-step mean?

What does SAK stand for?

The documents I have found says that its a 25 MHz microprocessor, but the
evaluation board runs at 20 MHz. Why?

I would appreciate any links to sites that gives a good description of
either the evaluation board or the microprocessor on a beginners level.

Thanks :o)

Re: Question about SAK-c167CS-LM
Probably just to be able to generate the standard CAN baudrates upto
1Mbs.

Stef

Re: Question about SAK-c167CS-LM

You could be right. But anyway I think Robert Adsett gives other, more
possible reasons. I have seen many boards with CAN controllers using
crystals only selected for the best match of any serial UART bit rate.
With 25 MHz the Infinoen CAN can be used with nearly every common CANopen,
(without 1 Mbit/s) and with all DeviceNet bit rates.

 Heinz

Re: Question about SAK-c167CS-LM
In short different revisions.  Check Infineon's site for documentation
and errata sheets for details on the differences.  The flash version of
the 167CR family had different bugs in each revision (On the upside at
least Infineon appears to publish their errata sheets).

Again RTFM.  Infineon uses different prefixes for different temperature
ratings.  Well documented in the datasheets.

http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid13%747&cat_oid=-8137

The above link is to Infineion's summary page for the 167cs with links to
data sheets, user manual and errata sheets.  You definitely want to read
at least the appropriate data sheet, the user manual and the errata
sheets.

Any number of reasons are possible.  One of the more likely is to
maximize the speed of the processor using economical external memeory.
Running at 20MHz with no wait states can be faster than running at 25MHz
with wait states.  Check Hitex's web site they have a nice reference
manual for users just starting with the 167 family.  It will probably
provide some illumination on configuaration and startup, particularly the
external bus system.

http://www.hitex.co.uk/book166/166des19-a.html

There site has a number of interesting notes.  I've used their ICE to
advantage before.

Robert

Site Timeline