Virtex5 Evaluation Board

Hi

We are thinking of buying a Xilinx Virtex5 evaluation board. At the moment this one seems to be our favorite:

Price is 1195$, which is quite reasonable. Are there perhaps other good products with a Virtex5 on it out there, perhaps some that have special prices for universities?

Thanks P.

Reply to
Philipp

Philipp,

Are you a university or school? If so, you should contact the XUP (Xilinx University Program). We often grant (gift), or partially fund university boards (like the Virtex II Pro board from Digilent that we will provide the FPGA on -- the school only pays for the pcb, not the FPGA).

Otherwise (not a university), our distributors also have an array of Virtex 5 pcbs for sale, too.

(don't miss the HiTech Global, and TED/Inrevium links, at the bottom left).

Aust> Hi

Reply to
austin

Thanks for your answer Austin, yes I am at university. So I will check with the Xilinx University program. Unfortunately it seems that the board you are offering is too small for my purposes. I would need a evaluation board with at least a Virtex4 on it and around 25000 to 30.000 slices.

If anyone knows a good resource where I could get such a board I would be thankful for some feedback ;)

Cheers, Philipp

Reply to
Philipp

Patrick

Have a look at Broaddown4

An alternative solution is the combination of our Broaddown2 (Spartan-3) with a add on Swinyard1 module. The Broaddown4 can support between 1-4(with 2 Swinyard1 modules) Virtex-4 LX40-160 or SX55 parts. Swinyard1 has a single Virtex-4 LX40-160 or SX55.

Some outline details on our university program (UAP) is here

Discounts are listed there on some products, others are available, as are details of our Synplicity deal for universities where they effectively get a free license with a small pack of our low cost board Raggedstone1 and soon hopefully some others.

John Adair Enterpo> aust> > Philipp,

Reply to
John Adair

Philipp

Have a look at Broaddown4

An alternative solution is the combination of our Broaddown2 (Spartan-3) with a add on Swinyard1 module. The Broaddown4 can support between 1-4(with 2 Swinyard1 modules) Virtex-4 LX40-160 or SX55 parts. Swinyard1 has a single Virtex-4 LX40-160 or SX55.

Some outline details on our university program (UAP) is here

Discounts are listed there on some products, others are available, as are details of our Synplicity deal for universities where they effectively get a free license with a small pack of our low cost board Raggedstone1 and soon hopefully some others.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair