newbie question gnu gcc H8/300

Hello,

this is the first time I'm using the gcc for H8300 and I have the
following question: Can anyone tell me the steps how I compile a simple
C-File for the H8300 CPU after this I want to program a flash with the
binary.

Thank you very much, for your help

bye

martin

Re: newbie question gnu gcc H8/300

What sorts of problems are you having?  I've only used the gcc for it
once, and don't remember details except that it wasn't that difficult
once you've got the cross compiler installed and your paths set.  If
you need s-record format for flash, then the objcopy utility will do
that for you.

For some pointers, check out the Lego Mindstorm's pages, since that
uses the H8/300.  In particular, look at:
  http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/tools.html#Librcx
and
  http://www.noga.de/legOS /
These use the gcc cross compiler, and have makefiles nearly
ready to go.  They don't have prebuilt cross compilers, but
instructions are in the second link.

--
Darin Johnson
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the

h8300-elf-gcc -Wall -c foo.c

Then you'll have to link it and probably convert it to motorola
SREC format.

$ man ld
$ man objcopy

Also, start reading here:

  http://www.gnuh8.org /

And here is an excellent source for toolchains:

  http://www.kpitgnutools.com /

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Psychoanalysis?? I
                                  at               thought this was a nude

Grant Edwards schrieb:

Re: newbie question gnu gcc H8/300

The first step is to get HEW and install gcc within it :) Then everything
becomes simple. Assuming you are using Windows of course...

Site Timeline