need Tips on increasing performance of an I2C driver

Hi,

Can someone share some tips on how to increase the performance of an I2C driver code . My driver code do an EEPROM access via cpld, and performance is not as expected.

rgds, gsec

Reply to
Gsec

Which CPLD, and what does "not as expected" mean ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

You could also add:

Which processor?

Hardware or bit-banged interface?

What language?

The OP could certainly benefit from reading this:

John B
Reply to
John B

Clock out the data as fast as the I2C chip will take it. If your micro is not upto that then increase micro clock or find a better micro.

Reply to
Marra