need help on a 8051 ip core

Hi there folks i`m currently doing a msc project and trying to
implement a 8051 ip core and program it using 'C'. Porblem is i cant
find  an ip core that will let me use it without having to spend money
on it. As i am a student i cant get my hands on that kind of cash. Can
anybody help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
JP

Re: need help on a 8051 ip core

Try:
<http://www.opencores.org/ and look down the page. Can't see what's the
point of an MSc where you use someone else's core, and somneone else's C
compiler, or is there some further point to it?

While we are on IP cores, what is the cheapest (in small quantity) FPGA
at the moment, including boot EEPROM?

Paul Burke

Re: need help on a 8051 ip core

The Altera Cyclone, AFAIK. The EP1C3T100C8 is 8.03 GBP and the EPCS1SI8
configuration device is 1.87 GBP. I recently bought five of each from Arrow
UK.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: need help on a 8051 ip core

<http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/8051/overview

Re: need help on a 8051 ip core

<http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/8051/overview

Re: need help on a 8051 ip core

Hi there,

If you use VHDL, please check this web site for a few 8051 IP cores:
http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vhdl/vhdl.html

The following newsgroups are better places for you to post
questions regarding VHDL/Verilog IP cores:
- comp.lang.vhdl
- comp.lang.verilog
- comp.arch.fpga

For implementation, the Xilinx FPGA Start kit (US$99.0) is a very
good value platform for 8-bit CPU development:
http://www.xilinx.com/products/spartan3/s3boards.htm

For C-compiler, if your program code is not that big, try the keil
evaluation kit.  Or you can use SDCC
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps.

Joe