Modular AX series tiny pc or thin client

Greetings,

I would appreciate any information on the 'Modular' brand AX series tiny pc or thin client; photos of the insides and outsides of an MC/AX-233-64 are here:

This box is about six inches by nine inches by three inches deep; the PC104 board has a P-233 CPU and 64MB ram, DEC ethernet, parallel and two serial ports, kbd, mouse,

3com Bootware, floppy, 4-IDE and a few unknown interface connectors. There are a great many jumper blocks which need to be documented. I could not find any data on the 'Net or in my 4th QTR 1999 Microhouse databases. The board was made in 1998 and has no part number data other than 'Secura REV:C' 'Made in Taiwan'. I did not find any references to a Taiwanese Mfg. called Secura in my limited searching, and any pages for 'Modular' at 60 Codman Hill Road in Boxborough, MA, using the domain name 'mod.com' at the Wayback Machine have been blocked by a robots.txt file on the current domain-name parker's website.

Tiny PCs like this one are invaluable in the lab for running data acquisition, signal generation and experiment control as well as older development kit software for mature parts, so finding the jumper data is worth pursuing.

All help appreciated!

Michael

Reply to
msg

I have not come across this product myself, but it could be a late version in the 'Secura' family of thin-pc:s or "Fit-pc" announced by Ken Olsen's 'Advanced Modular Solutions Inc.' back in 1997. (They closed down in 2000)

Oddly enough I found a similar query here:

regards /Rolf

Reply to
Rolf Blom

Thanks Rolf; indeed the address on the eqpt label is for the former 'Advanced Modular Solutions Inc.', but I had not learned much about the company including that Ken Olsen was involved ;) Knowing that this product was called 'Secura' helps in that I won't search for an Asian product line of that name.

I had not discovered the query in the above link either; remarkably similar ;) Too bad the data is not yet published...

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg