Memory addressing

Can anyone answer my question, please?

In my Linux embeded device I have 4  SDRAM modules.( Each module is of
16 bit data bus.
There are 13 bit address bus + B0 and B1(bank select bits) and CS( chip
select bit  )

I need to find out how modules are addressed

if it is like this

1st addres in module 1
2nd address in module 1
3rd address in module 1
4th address in module 1
5th address in module 1
6th address in module 1
7th address in module 1
8th address in module 1
..
..
the last but one  address in module 4
the last  address in module 4

or
1st addres in module 1
2nd address in module 2
3rd address in module 3
4th address in module 4
5th address in module 1
6th address in module 2
7th address in module 3
8th address in module 4
.
.
the last but one  address in module 3
the last  address in module 4

Is there any method how to find it?
( Via JTAG I can "talk" to CPU directly and write to an address, if it
helps).

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Re: Memory addressing
On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:42:00 -0500, "Jane1"

Write code to hammer memory location N.  Put a scope on the memory
modules and see which one is being selected/interacted with.

Write code to hammer memory location N+1.   Put a scope on the memory
modules and see which one is being selected/interacted with.

If the same memory module is involved, Scheme #1.  If two different
memory modules are involved, Scheme #2.

DTA

Re: Memory addressing

Two thoughts: why do you need to know that? Why not look on the schematic?

Also, one chip select for 4 modules? how does that work?

Re: Memory addressing

A further thought: you've asked this exact same question in at least two other
places in recent months, and got several answers. Are you still stuck for
answers, or are you some sort of bot collecting homework answers?

Site Timeline