MAC7111 Flash Programming

Does anyone know of a cheap/free (hobbyist price) solution for programming the flash on a Freescale MAC71xx processor?

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Bosworth

Rowley is working on adding support for the MAC71xx. Whether this is in the hobbyist price bracket depends largely whether you live in a first world country or not. There is also a GPL app called armtool, which allows basic control of an ARM7 core via a cheap parallel JTAG dongle such as the wiggler. You can use this tool to upload a small app into the MAC71xx processor, which then programs the flash.

The EWARM KickStart edition apparently has support for programming the MAC71xx as well. This is a 32K version of their toolset which can be downloaded for free.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I don't know the prices, but iSystem, Lauterbach and Metrowerks also support the MAC7111. Personally I prefer iSystem.

Cheers

Stefan

StefanMuc