Does anyone know how to integrate programming into basics electronics?

I wrote a program on visual basic using C++, but now I want to see if the program can run mechanical objects. how is this possible?

dmannn12345

Umm, let's get that part untangled before we go on to the rest.

John

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1170303477.726768.257450 @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

Compile it. See if it works.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

Three options:

serial port parallel port USB

Reply to
Randy Day

Not if you're writing C++ code in a visual basic IDE!

Reply to
maxfoo

Are you talking about driving real motors and such, or just modelling them in software? If you want to connect to the outside world, by far the simplest approach is to use the parallel printer port on a Win9x machine. You get 8 (or more) output lines to do with as you wish under software control. These can drive relays or switching transistors that then drive motors or whatever you want.

Th reason I said Win9x is that NT, XP, 2K, etc, don't allow direct port control. However, you can get special Ring 0 drivers that do allow this. (GIVEIO and USERPORT are two that I've heard of, but never tried.)

Since you are probably new to port programming, you might want to check out

They have lots of info on all kinds of ports, but the parallel is simplest to interface for this application.

Best regards,

Bob Masta D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta