linux on AT91RM9200DK evaluation board from Atmel

i am new to embedded linux.

currently working with linux on AT91RM9200DK evaluation board from
Atmel.
I am facing some problem in using available device driver like that of
RTC,serial port,Pio

etc.

My question is:
How can i know about the  functions  offered by a particular driver?
For example, consider serial port, here I have following drivers
routine available:

.../linux-2.4.19-rmk7/driver/at91/drivers/serial/at91_serial.c
.../linux-2.4.19-rmk7/driver/char/serial.c

many other routines are also there in char directory.
I am unable to undersatnd which routine has to be called first?

at91_serial.c  OR  char/serial.c   ???

I tried to google about the problem but could not find much. Can
someone suggest me a

suitable link,thread or books where i can find some info about these
matters.

thanx in advance
ved

Site Timeline