Chameleon POD with Atme AT91RM9200DK board

Hello,

I need advice on using Amontec Chameleon POD to work with AT91RM9200DK

First the Amontech Chameleon Programmer software is unable to configure the device on all my Win98  machines.  It only works on my Win/XP machine

Second when the pod is connected to a Linux or Win/XP machine i'm getting either Cable Disconnetcted message or Not in Background message from for OcdLibRemote software when trying to connect from GDB.

The pod is configured as RAVEN 1 MHZ and parallel ports are configured in BIOS as EPP...

OCDCommander on Win/XP sometimes is able to connect to the board but is unbale to send reset or any other command

Finally, one of the readers on arm-linux mailing list sent me the latest version of Chameleon programmer (V1.0) software which is for some reason unavailable from Amontec site.

I've tried configuration raven-all-speed-no-trst  and raven-1-mhz-no-trst with the same result (i'm getting cable disconnected message).

Another annoying problem with Chameleon Programmer software that it takes multiples clicks on OK button to start programming...   Most of clicks on OK button are simply ignored

  I've double checked the JTAG cable Amontec me and it is OK.

Thanks Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Lebedev

Hi Vadim, Hi readers,

A)

The trouble is coming from the onboard rst implementation of the ATMEL dev. boards.

Please try to cut the both nsrst and ntrst, and use the ranve_all_speeds configurations of the Chameleon POD.

Amontec has a special Raven and Wiggler configuration with no reset signal activity. nsrst and ntrst are just not driven by the Chameleon POD (opendrain output with an output enable fixed to '0') Please ask Amontec to receive this new config (These configs were tested on a major part of ATMEL ARM7 and ARM9 dev. boards)

Actually, many software do not implement the nrst and ntrst control. Why ? Because is a pain for the debuggers to analyze what to do after these asynchronous reset machanisms.

nsrst can be util for debug from the boot. ntrst is used for reseting the JTAG TAP state-machine in the processor. With actual new processors, the on-chip JTAG TAP can be reseted by some TCK TMS access. This is why the ntrst is *NOT* implemented by all popular remote machine.

Also, both nsrst and ntrst can be cut ... your debuggers and your JTAG remote machines will work fine without nsrst and ntrst!

B)

The Amontec drivers support only nt \ w2k \ xp (not win98, not winME)

C)

About ->

We cannot re-produce what your are saying. Please could you give me the exact OS version you are using.

Please feel you free to contact Amontec for more info.

Could you please give a NG feedback of your issue.

Regards, Laurent Gauch

Amontec Team

I've finally managed to make the Chameleon

The only problem is that the setupt gdb - ocdlibremote - pod ssems to not work with virtul adresses and as i work with Linux it is pretty important to me.

I'm invetsigating the possibility to remap Linux kernel or SDRAM address so that VA=PA for the kernel...

Any ideas?

"Am> > Hello,

getting

in