.gitignore for Eclipse CDT

Many free IDE from silicon vendors (such as ST and NXP) are Eclipse-CDT
based.

Could you suggest a good .gitignore file? Mainly I don't know if it's
better to ignore or add .settings folder, .project and .cproject files.

I think it's useful to add in CVS the options passed to compiler and
linker, so another use could checkout and compile in the same way.

Re: .gitignore for Eclipse CDT

You'll definitely want .project and .cproject under source control.
After you've finally got the project working, RubeMX will trash them when you regenerate.
.settings I save as well.

Here's my typical .gitignore:
**/Debug/
**/Release/