Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?

I am working on a project and need a bit of help here and there.

I am working on it with someone who knows a lot more than I do but he
is available only 1 day a week, so instead of posting questions on
various forums (mostly never answered) I am considering looking for
someone who can work on a retainer of X per year or something like
that and would be able to provide support.

It ranges from CPU specific stuff like how to set up one of the DACs
to generate a sinewave from precomputed values in RAM (yes lots of
examples on the web; mostly not usable except for hints) to C
questions. I have written a fair bit of C but use it as a "basic"
language, avoiding pointers and using arrays instead :) etc. And right
now I am trying to sort out STLINK V3 and why the GDB log level (shown
in Console) has mysteriously changed from 31 to 1...

Re: Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?
You can pm me if you like on mkATmkescdotcodotuk and we can talk about it.

MK

Re: Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?

This is near second nature though the ST Cube hal libraries try to be
all things for all men and so have a number of flaws.

Nothing wrong with arrays!

If you still want help please feel free to use the contact form on the
website below.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Nothing wrong with pointers either.

ADC1->XXX, USART1->XXX and GPIOA->XXX are all pointers.  How can you avoid pointers?

Re: Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?

Not only are they pointers, but they are compile time constant value
pointers so the compiler can convert the accesses to direct memory