Raspbian Eclipse

There is a set of Eclipse IDE packages in the Raspbian repository.

Has anybody succeeded in running any of them?

As I tried, the program showed the splash screen and then crashed.

There is some native code in the Eclipse binaries, and I suspect that the packages in the repository are PC (Intel/AMD) binaries, also not fit for the ARM architecture of a Raspberry.

--

-TV
Reply to

Given its memory usage on Intel boxes, I wouldn't even try on anything less than a 4GB Pi 4B, with 4GB of swap on an SSD

---druck

Reply to
druck