GAL 26V12 Design

I need to program a Lattice GAL 26V12B. My old Logical Devices programmer supports it, but the CUPL compiler I've always used (Cupl / PalExpert from Logical ca. 1992) does not.

Whats the best way to generate a JED file for this device? I see Lattice has some (huge!) tools available for download. Can Atmels Wincupl support someone else's device? Are there others?

Reply to
Randy

No. The libraries are version locked, so not portable.

You should ask Lattice. They may have a smaller "PLD only" download, and will easily be able to advise on tool support & if the part is still 'alive'.

eg they should have ABEL -> JED, which is similar to CUPL.

If you hit a brick wall there, you could look at Anachip, and the PA7536 PLD they claim is 26V12 pin compatible. Their tools are very PLD focused, so are much smaller.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Thanks Jim. I ended up downloading the ispTools 5 starter kit from lattice. Its a huge tool set to program a simple PAL, but if thats what you gotta do....

I found that Logical Devices sold the CUPL tools to Protel (Altium?) and they may still be inside the Protel CAD software somewhere. Logical Devices indicated they are developing a package called Chip Designer 5 that will be available soon.

Reply to
Randy