FTDI VNC1L

The VNC1L from FTDI looks like a very attractive IC which allows interfacing to USB flash drives with minimum hassle.

However I have heard the rumors that it is very slow: the realistic data transfer rate is about 300kbytes/sec at the best.

I didn't find any official performance data in the datasheets or FAQ.

Can you please comment on your experience with this IC and its performance.

Vladimir Vassilevsky