FPGA + FTDI

Hello:

Does anyone know if there is a simple PCB out there with a Xilinx FPGA (almost anything would work, Spartan III prefered) that has that FTDI

245 (the parrallel version) USB FIFO IC integrated on the PCB? I just need something for a code demonstration.

I am in a pinch for a demonstration and we dont have the time to cut a PCB...... And it seems that the new webstore policy means that I can no longer get chips for at least 12 weeks......

-Eli

Reply to
Eli Hughes

FTDI now sell nice little DIL modules in their online store that would make it very easy to add to most FPGA boards :

Mike Harrison

The EZ2SUSB has a Spartan-II:

-a

Reply to
ammonton

How fixed are you on the FTDI part?

If the Cypress part will suffice, I'd recommend evaluating the Opal-Kelly boards.

The boards come with either an XC3S400, XC3S1000, or XC3S1500. They also have some excellent software that goes with it called FrontPanel that essentially turns the USB interface into a host of virtual I/O functions. Thger are even API hooks for C++ and Phyton.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)

Steven is right, I definatelly recommend OpalKelly board if you need USB2.0 transfer rate (this board goes up to 30MB/s). It very easy to use and works without any problems. The only cons is the size (2.0 x 3.5") and the price 200$.

Cheers, Guru

Reply to
Guru