AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need

After running many simulations in AVR Studio, I'm ready for the real deal.
For my first project, I thought I would buy a pre-made development board
using the Mavric-II
(http://www.avrfreaks.com/Tools/showtools.php?ToolID49%2 ), which will be
more then enough for what I'm working on (motor movement for various robotic
arms and a few sensors).  As this is my first project, I'm not totally sure
which programmer I should get.  The ATAVRISP is relatively cheap and it
works with the Atmega128, which comes on board the Mavric-II.  Is this
sufficient for a beginners needs?

I appreciate any advice,

Sean

Re: AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:27:21 -0400, "Fao, Sean"

Yep, it's a great little device.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need
The Mavric series boards really look pretty good, and Brian offers some
solid tool chain advice as well.  Go for it.

DLC

: After running many simulations in AVR Studio, I'm ready for the real deal.
: For my first project, I thought I would buy a pre-made development board
: using the Mavric-II
: (http://www.avrfreaks.com/Tools/showtools.php?ToolID49%2 ), which will be
: more then enough for what I'm working on (motor movement for various robotic
: arms and a few sensors).  As this is my first project, I'm not totally sure
: which programmer I should get.  The ATAVRISP is relatively cheap and it
: works with the Atmega128, which comes on board the Mavric-II.  Is this
: sufficient for a beginners needs?

: I appreciate any advice,

: Sean

* Dennis Clark         snipped-for-privacy@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
Re: AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need

deal.
robotic
sure

Although he seems to offer some bad (IMHO) smt soldering advise.  In all the
howto there is not one mention of using flux.

Ralph

Re: AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need

[snip]

the

What brand do you use? And what solder?

--
Thanks,
Frank Bemelman

Hmmm - the solder I recommend on my site is a flux core solder.  I've
never needed to use any additional flux except for the tiny TSSOP
chips, which I don't describe how to solder on my site.  I've been
meaning to describe those, just haven't had the time yet.  I do use
additional flux for those, but for all the stuff that I describe on my
site I've never needed any additional flux than what is already in the
core.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean, snipped-for-privacy@bdmicro.com
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board