Anyone recognise this hex format? - Page 6

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (42Bastian Schick) wrote in news:40bc4e0b.267939376
@news.individual.de:

Outlook default puts your signature above what you are quoting, so, a
decent newsreader that automatically snips the signature, will snip
everything.

AFAIK there is no way to configure stock OE to post in any other way.  If
there is, I was unable to find it during the time I used it for posting.

--
Richard

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes with this automated fix!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk /

The advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html

Why should I place my response below the quoted text?
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Top-posting_or_bottom-posting

Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:13:31 -0700, Guy Macon

Oh, my bad English. I meant:
If M$ wants bottom-posting, why they make top-posting default in
Outlook ?

BTW: Netscape also has top-post _and_ HTML as defaults for new
accounts.

--
42Bastian
Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

No, it cant be.

and run Outlook.

Becouse its Microsoft "embrance and extend" tactic.

btw :

what is that ? It certainly is NOT a signature, becouse it lacks proper
delimeter.

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30 /

Better now ?
--
42Bastian
Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
[snip]

Not quite right, but almost there. Should be "dash dash space"

/Henrik

--

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:36:14 +0000 (UTC), Henrik Johnsson

Ah, the space. Did not see it :-)

Thanks.
--
42Bastian
Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

Al

Please remove capitalised letters to reply
My apologies for the inconvenience
Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:28:38 GMT, the renowned onestone

It's been a while since I've taken riding lessons, but how else would
you post?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

It took me a good 3 seconds to figure out what
you were referring to.  Damn, we're an eclectic
bunch.

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
Top if brief.

Inline to effectively tie response to query

And bottom on the odd occasion. ie in whatever style I believe to be the
most informative for the response.

Al

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:28:38 GMT, onestone

Please trim superfluous quoting from your posts.

Please don't top-post.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

(top posted reply)

Life is to short to read posts by those who refuse to follow the
conventions that make posts more readable.

*plonk*

"When thou enter a city, abide by its customs."

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

+What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk /

The advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html

Why should I place my response below the quoted text?
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Top-posting_or_bottom-posting

Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

Which side of the road do you drive on?

--
Burn the land and boil the sea,
 You can't take the sky from me.

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

You're likely to kill someone if you drive on the wrong side of the
road. There's a bit of a difference.

Al

Re: OT: Bottom Post for 20th century

We don't  want to 'get married' just to read the public instructions;
like with africans: you need to complete an elaborate greeting ritual
before you can ask the time or directions.

This is a leftist-woosie cop-out.
We are not equal.
When you started school, did you tell the teacher that 'we all
must sit around the table and negotiate'.
In a given society, you drive on an uniform side of the road.
Western language-texts write from left to right, top to bottom.

As with all classes of entities in the universe, their's a heirarchy,
[of competenc] in NewsGroups: some NewsGroups have no
top-posters [those used by technical competent users] and those
catering for use by kidddies, who inevitably top-post.

Top posters should have their own/separate [a la apartheid] club.
Perhaps the increase in mailing lists trys to achieve this ?

BTW I've seen a Microsoft 'mailer' which couldn't post other than
top-post [perhaps it could be re-set].   But it's one thing to
*admit* being crippled, and completely different to try to
justify acting inappropriately.

== Chris Glur.

Re: OT: Good footer, I like it.
On Tue, 25 May 2004 05:17:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (42Bastian

[...CBFalconer wrote...]

Here's a longer version I saw once, atttributed to Clifton Sharp:
   "I'll see you at Linda's wedding."
   "Well, see ya soon."
   "Congratulations!"
   "Ten thousand a year."
   "How much?"
   "Got a really big raise this time."
   "Sorry to hear it. How's the job?"
   "She's not feeling well. Flu, I think."
   "Same as ever. How's yours?"
   "How's your wife?"
   "They painted her purple. They should call her the Prune Fart now."
   "Good. Did you hear what Martin and Sheila did to the Sea Breeze?"
   "Good, and you?"
   "Bill! How the heck are you?"

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: OT: Good footer, I like it.
Since I was only interested if he'd be at the wedding that worked out fine.

Re: OT: Good footer, I like it.

Its the year 2004 now, and there are these great things called threaded
newsreaders. In reality you'd go to the first post in the thread if you
wanted to read them all.

eg

you click on the first post in the thread

"Bill! How the heck are you?"

having read that, press the down utton do the next message is selected.

"Good, and you?"

press down again, etc etc

I don't see whats so hard about it.

Seeing some people here are acting like its a religous issue, this is my
last post on the matter.

Al

Re: OT: Good footer, I like it.
On Thu, 27 May 2004 06:40:08 +1000, Al Borowski

That may be your reality, but it's not mine. In my reality, I read
posts several times a day. I have no way of knowing when a thread has
finished, and I should go to the first post and start reading. In
fact, I limit the number of posts I store to 15 days, so it's common
for the first post to be gone days (or weeks) before the last post in
the thread. Furthermore, if that's how I worked, how would I ever
contribute to an on-going thread?

Or are you suggesting that I should start at the beginning of the
thread every time? I don't think so - there are roughly 200 threads
for the last 15 days in this newsgroup alone, and it's not even the
most active group I subscribe to, by a long shot.

Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting