Subject Author Posted Replies

Sampling: What Nyquist Didn't Say, and What to Do About It
I know there's a few people out there who actually read the papers that I post on my web site. I also know that the papers have gotten a bit ragged, and that I haven't been maintaining them. So here:...
132
132

Pipelined 6502/z80 with cache and 16x clock multiplier
EETimes had an interesting article asking if 4-bits was dead. These chips have been pad limited for 2 decades, and as such are probably manufactured at fabs that are beyond obsolete. You could take a...
101
101

Pickit 3 Info?
Does anybody know of a link to a Pickit 3 Users Guide, perhaps in PDF form? I was hoping to find one on the Microchip web site, but it seems to be obsessed with selling things. I'm trying to work out...
2
2

Re: Is WINAVR crap or what?
ny . hat Yes, and there are long stories behind it. We developed them for a customer's digital security key, similar to the "X.509 thread" in CAE. However, some hackers got hold of it and turn them...
1
1

Linux Command-Line / Make puzzle
Somewhat OT, but you're a smart bunch of guys: I'm doing some work on my web site, and trying to automate the process to separate the source of the whitepapers I post from the results (which should...
18
18

Quiet Ethernet problem
We are running application written in C# under .NET framework under Windows CE 6.0 on our hardware based on LPC3240 with PHY DP83848I. This application communicates with PC over Ethernet. Everything...
1
1

ARM926ejs based Soc memory map
Hi all, I am new to linuxarm based developement. Now I use arm926ejs based Soc which contains flash, dram interface pins. In linux the base address map for all peripherals is given. for ex PCI 0xF100...
2
2

Watchdog timer
Hello, I am a newbie to Embedded systems. We are using Linux. watchdog timer implementation as follows: In the software setting the watchdog timer and on timeout it clears the hardware register which...
3
3

X.509 certificates on small micros?
I did some Googling but didn't find a good source of info amongst the noise= - I have an application where I'd like to verify X.509 certificates. The a= pplication is something like SSL - basically I...
51
51

Cheap uC in non-huge volumes?
What's cheaper than a PIC10F202 with 512 instructions in Flash, 24 bytes RAM, 3 output pins at reasonable current, doesn't require megacorp-scale business to order? Thanks, Mel.
7
7

Test Anything Protocol?
Anyone using the Test Anything Protocol with on target testing?

WiFi Throughput
Hi All, I'll have a 200Meg Video file I'd like to transfer via the questest and simplest WiFi standard in PC. What can you suggest and how available are WiFi cards or internal WiFi products. Which WiF...
1
1

Number syntax
Hi, My "calculator" has accepted things like "2 1/2" (e.g., 2.5) as a way of specifying "mixed" numbers. At the same time, it would interpret "2 pi" as "6.2831852..." Adding *general* symbol support...
47
47

Problems with self-programming AVR flash
Hello, I am using an ATmega324PA in a new application and want to provide IAP capability, i.e. there is a loader that can update the application by serial communication. The IAP loader is located at...

Looking for simple way to assign IP for ad-hoc network
I have a group of embedded devices that work with both static IP and DHCP (as client). For one user case, the user will connect these devices to a switch, then to a PC running Windows 7 via ethernet...
12
12