Cheap uC in non-huge volumes?

What's cheaper than a PIC10F202 with 512 instructions in Flash, 24 bytes RAM, 3 output pins at reasonable current, doesn't require megacorp-scale business to order?

Thanks, Mel.

Reply to
Mel

What target qty? .5$ @ 1ku doesn't save much.

Reply to
linnix

Hard to say, it's still very conceptual. Digikey's minimum PIC10F202 order of 3,000 for $.38/unit doesn't make me run away screaming. That order of magnitude initially, anyway.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel

es

le

rder

of

16K masked rom micro costs around 0.25$ @ 25Ku, plus 0.03$ for 3 transistors. If you really want it cheap, you can tie several outputs together for higher current drive. OTP (for development) is around . 5$ ea. Flash makes no sense for productions.
Reply to
linnix

Buy directly from Microchip. Click on the buy now button. You can buy small or large qty. Here in the US I get them in 2 days with their normal FedEx shipping.

They currently show a SOT-23 package 100+ => $0.38, 1000+ => $0.35,

5000+ => $0.33
--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

Getting them in 100's at that price for prototyping gives me a warm feeling.

Many thanks to you and linnix. Looks like there's no need to spend a lot of time looking for exotic replacements. We can start developing with the architecture and prices that we know.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel

Atmel has a family of 4-bit micros, the MARC4, that I believe is (or perhaps /was/) available in relatively small quantities. There are both flash and mask ROM versions.

Reply to
David Brown

They'll also pre-program and mark them for a few cents.

Reply to
Mike Harrison