Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where is John Popelish?
I haven't seen any posts from John for a few months. I hope he is okay. --- Joe
4
4

help needed for rs485 !!!!
Hi to newsgroup I want to implement an RS485 interface to an microcontroller with the purpose of creating a network of 10 controllers located about 200 mt from a pc . Although everything is clear...
9
9

Help with capacitor idenification please
Can you help me work out the values of these two capacitors? The first capacitor is much bigger than the second. Can you make a very approx guess at the VOLTAGE RATING of the capacitors? Thanks!...

Add s-video input to TV?
As a matter of interest, and the fact that I like to tinker... - I'm wondering if it is possible to add an s-video input to a TV that doesn't have one? Can I follow the composite input to some place...
3
3

What would happen if a run start capacitor is installed across the 220 VAC?
IOW Can the cap be left there permanently to allow a FM intercom to communicate across the panel?
1
1

how does a DMM take a differential voltage measurement
I've been trying to find some info on this on google... but I just keep finding sites on DMM and how to measure voltage with them... but my question is... how does a DMM manage to read a voltage...
8
8

Please help - Stupid question about mesh-current analysis
There must be a very simple stupid answer to this and I could really use some help knowing what it is :/ Consider a mesh-current analysis problem where the circuit contains a current source. Every...
16
16

info of 74hc4051 maximum volatge needed
Hi I want to read many analog inputs from 0....24 V . I want o use one multiplexer. I think the 74hc4051 is the most common. My question is in case of overvoltage over the supply rails at the inputs...
11
11

Resistor test question from a newbie
If I wanted to test a 1M ohm resistor to make sure it's working, would I set my digital multimeter to 20M? The next lowest is 200k. Here's a stupid question - will setting it to 20M cause damage to...
18
18

do 16-input nand gates exist?
I've been looking on digikey and on mouser and I can't find them... but does anyone know if 16input nand gates exist, and if they do, where I can get some? thanks!
6
6

Testing anti-static wrist strap
How would I go about testing an anti-static wrist strap to make sure it works? Someone said to use a continuity tester, but when I tried that with a basic, homemade tester, nothing happened. So I...
9
9

making a variable -5V to 5V voltage source
ok... I would like to be able to apply a voltage range of about -5V to 5V across a load, and all I want to do this by varying a 0-10V power supply..... here's what I'm thinking about doing.... Use two...
1
1

Turn off delay circuit
Hi, I'd like to design a circuit such that it is powered on by a short press of a switch, performs some action, and then turns itself off when it has done its purpose. I suppose I could do this using...
14
14

12v Wall-Wart with a Twist
See Jameco part no. 1940694. I'm looking form something like that but the ac prongs need to be twisted 90 deg. That is, I want a somewhat compact device like it that is vertical. The reason is that I...

earphone output
I had tried to attach a new earphone to a walkman. The earphone is made in china, and its plug is not compatible with the walkman input. After cutting the wire, I replaced the plug with a correctly...
6
6