Add s-video input to TV?

As a matter of interest, and the fact that I like to tinker... - I'm wondering if it is possible to add an s-video input to a TV that doesn't have one?

Can I follow the composite input to some place where it splits chroma from luma and inject there?

Reply to
mgwiebe

There are scartplugsvideo connectors, I have one, with an added input/output switch and two audio cables.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

I live in Canada and therefore don't have scart connectors on my TV. The reason I ask is because I just switched to digital cable, and noticed a big quality difference from the old analog. More digital artifacts, but less noise. Anyways, I know that on another TV I have, switching to the S-Video input gains another level of quality... I was just hoping to add this to my other TV, for free, and fun.

mgwiebe

You could look at the board and see if perhaps it is already designed to accomidate an s video jack and they just didn't include the components. They do that sometimes. Another path to investigate would be to follow the rca video path and look up some of the chips it goes to and see if they have unused inputs to support s video. A lot of tv's are the same under the covers.

Otherwise it probably would not be simple, at a minimum you would need to get a schematic.

Reply to
jamesgangnc