Weird things happen with electricity through air.

Hello,

Here some suggestions for further research:

  1. One metal pin in the power wall socket.

  1. One metal pin in the air near power wall socket.

Results:

Electricity spark flows through the air from pin to pin.

Weird stuff happens to electrical equipment.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll.

Reply to
brent

" I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll. "

This is not a troll, this is reality.

I have seen my DreamPC and HP Monitor behave weird after a power spark from the power wall socket when plugging the power box into it.

And now my Pentium III is dead after a power wall socket spark.

And it caused the light to go off/circuit breaker switch...

How do you explain that mister anti-troll-calling-this-a-troll, this ain't fake, this is real.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

" I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll. "

Try it yourself.

Hold your television analog cable in space it will transmit screen as mentioned before by me on usenet and confirmed by others.

The same happens to electricity which is the same thing.

The weird space/noise you see on the television is what happens to electricons apperently, noise is introduced which can be considerd bugs...

It creates radical behaviour in electronis.

I dare you to try it yourself and hold the power plug skewed until it sparks, but I dare you to try it since you not brave enough to actually try it because deep down you already believe me that it's badddddddddddd. But why is it bad ? It remains a mystery for as far as I am concerned until somebody clearifies it.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

"Transients"

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

"Transients"

" A transient is a high voltage spike of less than 10 microseconds in duration. Transients in power lines may have voltage spikes up to 6,000 volts, and it is not unusual that spikes in commercial industrial circuits excess 1,000 volts.

High voltage transients follows the path of least resistance to the ground, creates a damaging heat in the circuit components and causing malfunctions and failure.

External Transient Sources

External transients at high voltage caused by lightning hitting the power lines are reduced through the distribution transformers by a factor typical

1 to 6. Since the transients caused by lighting may be extremely high - more than 50,000 volts - the resulting transients after the transformers in the distribution system may be very high when they reach the internal circuit.

Internal Transient Sources

Switching on and off of motors in the internal circuit can cause transients up to 2,500 volts. "

Well I do have a fridge with a broken freezer door which doesn't shut properly... The freezer's motor is constantly running... perhaps this caused a transient ?!?

But what the article does not explain is:

Are these transients in the power lines at all times ?

The article mentions: "10 microseconds in duration"

But my question is:

Is it possible for a transient to remain in the power lines in a looping kind of fashion ?

Otherwise it would have to be a coincidence... I plug it in... and a transient happens...

But once ok, but twice ? Maybe fridge has something to do with it... or the weather... there were some thunder storms lately... but I barely hear them because of earplugs ! ;)

Last question: were power supplies in the 90's designed against transients, how about now ?

My DreamPC survived the power spark. My pentium did not... The answer could then be: no not in the 90's yes in the 2000's.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Your IQ is less than the number of letters in that sentence. And that was a real assessment, not a troll.

Reply to
SoothSayer

There you go, you just over rated him.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

By 30 points at least.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Not for long.

I doubt much difference in the power supplies, THEMSELVES. But, I think electronic devices are a LOT more sensitive, due to greatly reduced component sizes and oxide thickness.

You can generate high static electric voltages by walking across carpet, sliding out of a chair, etc. Anything that produces friction, especially of synthetic fabrics or plastics, can generate thousands of Volts. Unless you are grounded by static-dissipative devices (wrist straps, static-dissipative work surfaces and floors, and shoe grounds) then you can get charged up, and anything you are holding (like a power cord) can also be charged. When you plug it in to the grounded building electrical system, you get a spark when that charge is dissipated. I believe this is the type of event you experienced. And, this can definitely damage equipment.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The DreamPC probably has power supplies which provide "power surge protection" it says so in the manuals, these are quite expensive power supplies, probably much better than the cheap china supply which was in the pentium.

Your theory of the shock sounds somewhat plausible.

For example when I go to super market I touch something in super market a metal rack and get a huge zap out it.

However when I plugged the power cable into the power socket a blue-light electrical spark came from the power wall socket and hopped over air into the metal pin.

At least that's what I think I saw... I could be mistaken but I don't think so... I am 90% sure.

It happened before I even have it on "camera" in a *.mov file.

However I can't find or excess the mov file just yet... perhaps in the future.

However for now you will have to believe me I will describe the spark I saw back then a little bit better so you can try to visualize it.

The spark was light blue, it was about 1 centimeter across, it was about half a centimeter think, it had a plasma kinda of look.

I am pretty sure that my body cannot create such a gigant spark. The ammount of energy seemed to be huge.

I have never seen a human body create such a big spark, therefore it can only have come from the power wall socket.

Therefore I simply believe the power wall sockets and power plugs are unsafe, at least the European ones.

A better design would be something that would allow me to plug in the power cord without a spark flying across the air.

Perhaps a button on the power wall socket to enable the flow of electricity.

However the main question remains:

  1. What happens to electricity when it flows through air like that ? As describe in the spark description ?

Does the electricity accumulate in a powerfull blue spark ? Does the air create a sort of plasma vortex which charges up and then ultimately jumps across pins, which could explain an over voltage.

Does the electricity wildly fluctuate betweens voltages ?

Could it also loose energy because of the light being radiated ? Energy transformed into light ? Could it therefore also under voltage ? Could under voltage lead to system damage ?

Perhaps it's a matter of amperes and not voltages... me not sure... so far I have wrecked a power supply by over voltage so voltage seems most likely to me... I have also once seen a dude short-circuit a computer somehow by short-circuiting a power wall socket with some kind of broken device or cables crossed or something it was weird lol.

I do suspect this electricity to wildly fluctuate and somehow cause computers to flip flop between 0's and 1's so it can't make sense of things... or at least some ticks are screwed up somehow... or it simply did not get enough juice and some bits flipped, because it seemed to malfunction.... even after plugging in the power cord the system remained to behave weird... so it was very weird to say the least... power cords had to be completely unplugged for multiple seconds... to let this weird electricity go out of the systems... only then would the systems work again. The video I have of it shows it ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Especially since they are all but blind. They have to rely on ESP to find their prey. :-)

Reply to
Booong... Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum..

looping

or

think

carpet,

especially

power

building

=20

=20

If flybuck is a "coder". I doubt that. The troll needs to go back through grade school science and physics that it failed to learn the = first time.

:-((

Reply to
josephkk

Wonder what would happen if he took all that creativity used to generate gibberish and pointed it toward something useful...like a book on electronics.

Reply to
mike