spray on thin insulatiing rubber.

We have G line coupling rods that need a re-coat. The original coating has some damage and has been reducing the signal and it is starting to be a problem.

These rods were originally dipped before installation, I know, I was the one that dipped them :) We used a potting type rubber however, the problem we are facing is these rods are hard to remove with out lots of work and wondering if an aerosol HV potting material product is available?

It sure would be much simpler to clean these G line couplings on site and spray them, over taking the machine apart.

The formal coating is very thin. I don't really want to experiment with other products because it may then force us to disassemble the machine from a failed experiment.

It is very hard to explain to mechanics what not to touch and what not to spray.

I suppose I could have elected to use a different coupling method but this one seem to be viable at the time and it works.

increasing the signal just causing to much adjacent cross talk due to the bad spots acting as E lines instead. We have some items rather close to each other!

Any thin good that is sprayable?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie